Orijen - Six Fish Dry Dog Food (New)
The best fish based dog food on the market today in our opinion. This remarkable grain free high protein food is made from wild caught fish combined with a complement of antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables. It's even Non GMO and they own their own factory to ensure the finest quality ingredients.
Now available for shipment to the USA
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | ALL LIFE STAGES
FRESH PACIFIC PILCHARD, MACKEREL, HAKE, FLOUNDER, ROCKFISH AND SOLE
AN UNMATCHED DIVERSITY OF FRESH, WHOLE AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH FROM VANCOUVER ISLAND’S COLD PACIFIC WATERS.
With 38% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN SIX FISH nourishes dogs of all life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
Unmatched by any other dog food, 2/3 of ORJEN’s fish are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
1/3 of fish are gently dried at 90°C from fresh whole fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh whole fish (including meat, organs, and bones) provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc and copper are added.
Infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh whole pacific pilchard (18%), fresh whole pacific mackerel (13%), fresh whole pacific hake (12%), fresh whole pacific flounder (5%), fresh whole rockfish (5%), fresh whole sole (5%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 5%), whole herring (dehydrated, 5%), alaskan cod (dehydrated, 4.5%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4.5%), whole blue whiting (dehydrated, 4%), herring oil (4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fiber, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, sunflower oil (cold-pressed), whole pinto beans, cod liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf – which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats and fish that dogs are evolved to eat.
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat and fish. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of fish ingredients from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried fish is prepared at 90°C from fresh whole fish deemed fit for human consumption to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Whole, Wild Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Mackerel from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Hake from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Flounder from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Rockfish from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Sole from North Vancouver Island
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals and fish to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of fish, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc and copper are added.
The WholePrey™ diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
|Crude protein (min.)||38 %|
|Fat content (min.)||18 %|
|Crude ash (max.)||8 %|
|Crude fibers (max.)||5 %|
|Moisture (max.)||12 %|
|Calcium (min.)||1.5 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||1.1 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2.2 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||2.2 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.7 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.5 %|
|Glucosamine (min.)||1250 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (min.)||1000 mg/kg|